The noise level inside the wind tunnel is at least 100 decibels. A noise injury is mostly acquired gradually as the result of exposure to loud noises over an extended period of time.
Since 2013, Lise Hernandez G. had been looking for the best way to reduce the noise of the tunnel as much as possible. With her system there is no need to turn the volume to the maximum, by this means to take care of your hearing health by making sure you:
- avoid loud noise;
- remove the source of noise;
- remove yourself from the noise; or
- reduce the volume.
WHAT SYSTEM LISE’S USE TO HEAR MUSIC ?
- In-ear headphones or custom-fit ear seals with earphones : These are comfortable and stay in place. However, these still did not sufficiently reduce the noise of the tunnel. Try to find a good quality of In-ear headphones, don’t worry there are different brands for every budget.
NOTE: The popular noise cancelling of BOSE (300USD) doesn’t worth the spend, you can find same hearing quality without the noise cancelling by simply using in-ear headphones (much less expensive)
- Small acoustic Ear muffs: To be able to hear the music without turning it up to full volume. In Europe she found this model that is small enough
- Helmet: The advantage of the Z1 Parasport Italia is that we can take out the inside liner and modify the thinness of the foam or remove the part where the earmuffs are going to be. There is another helmet that might do the job to wear the acoustic ear muffs, it’s Aero from Bonehead. (but need to try).
” I feel comfortable with this system, but I would like to have more noise isolation and this means bigger ear muffs or instead using the in-ear headphones I could buy the BOSE noise cancelling (300USD, no thanks) plus spend on batteries and the box to turn on the noise cancelling makes more complicated to get equipped”
On the following link you will find a video where she explains a little bit more about this system Lise’s system
HESITATION AROUND THE FLYERS
Now, there is a lot of resistance to wear the acoustic ear muff and the ZI Helmet. People love their Cookie or are sponsored by them, but with this helmet we can’t wear the ear muff so flyers simply use earphones. Or maybe, they find is too complicated the use of acoustic ear muffs
Definitely there is room for improvement to find a system that is simple and effective to hear the music inside the tunnel that is safe for our hearing.
The easy way to hear music but …