After the Wind Games success on January, 23rd 2016 with their Freestyle round with music (Indoor Skydancing) people think we can make this kind of incredibly high level performance in just the next few weeks.
Now the Indoor Skydiving community has opened its eyes and sees the power and magic of a skilled artistic flyer performing with music. This is a new art that is starting to bloom, the artistic disciplines will develop in this direction. So let’s do it right, this is an art not a factory.
Now we are starting to see indoor skydiving competitions where they want to include music, which is great! But dear tunnels… please give time to the artistic flyers to prepare, and also give yourselves time!!!
WHAT DOES IT TAKES FOR THE FLYER TO CHOREOGRAPH THEIR ROUTINE TO MUSIC ?
Time .. to…
- a) Find the music that will inspire them and be in accordance with his or her flying skills. Someone with 50 hours won’t be able to fly as fast and precise as the one with 1000 hours. Trust me, it takes time to find the right song, you can like it on the ground but not when you are flying to it.
- b) Edit the music – without a good quality and edit of the music this can hurt the routine and the way audience perceive it.
- c) Train, train, train. Just a reminder that people have to work and have to plan the time they will be able to practice.
If you want to see a piece of art we need time. Three months is a minimum but we will appreciate 6 months at least.
WHAT DOES IT TAKES FOR THE TUNNELS TO HOST A COMPETITION WITH MUSIC?
- 1. To prepare their tunnel with the right equipment
- 2. That the flyer brings all the equipment (don’t be scared, it is possible, that’s how Lise I did it the first time)
If you are you a wind tunnel and want to organize competitions where music is included, you should look to join our Partners Team, where we want to develop this new art on behalf of our sport (wind tunnels and flyers) and we will support you as well for your event.
FLYERS: We will post soon the next events where music is included it BUT doesn’t mean the tunnel will be equipped.
TUNNELS: If you need assistance with the equipment, it will be a pleasure to help you.
Let’s pioneer together